FYI Development Lab
You are not currently viewing the most recent Realscreen Summit. Go to Realscreen Summit 2018.
FYI, along with Realscreen Summit, has launched the FYI Development Lab, which will award up to 5 development deals of up to US $20,000 each for producers. The deadline for submissions is Friday, January 8, 2016 at 5:00pm PT.
Producers MUST submit a 2-5 minute video pitch and a series paper pitch along with a 1-3 minute video sample of their company's work.
In the spirit of bringing in new creative partners to create content for our brand, only producers or companies who have yet to have a commissioned pilot or series with FYI will be eligible.
Five (5) winners will be selected and then revealed at a special session at the Realscreen Summit on Monday, February 1, 2016.
The contest is open to registered delegates to the Realscreen Summit, who are permanent legal residents of the US and are 18 years or older.
FYI Creative Brief
FYI is collaborating with Realscreen to develop projects with new and emerging producers, giving them a chance to develop innovative, unscripted programming for cable’s newest emerging lifestyle network.
What FYI is looking for:
FYI is very excited about the opportunity to discover and work with new and emerging producers. The network is seeking breakout formats in our core content categories. They are:
- For Your Taste: FYI seeks bold, repeatable and fresh concepts that are millennial-facing and capture emerging trends in the food world.
- For Your Space: FYI seeks formats in the home space, including real estate and renovation, that offer a younger way into the home space while capturing the new alternative ways that our viewers are living (i.e. tiny houses, unplugged homes, etc.)
- For Your Circle: We are seeking authentic, buzzworthy formats that cover the emerging trends in the various life stages of our viewers. Whether it’s relationships, dating or other socially-driven situations that take on provocative yet relatable subject matter. These ideas should have real, tangible stakes for their participants.
In addition, FYI seeks breakout talent in all of these key content categories. We strongly encourage entrants to submit projects and talent that fall within these categories. Lastly, FYI is also interested in concepts that are digitally and socially connected, reflecting the emerging digital lifestyle trends and tools that our viewers are using in their lives.
For your inspiration, for your imagination or for your innovation, FYI embraces an adventurous, personalized and non-prescriptive approach to peoples’ taste, space, look, story and more. FYI covers a range of stories and experiences that reflect how people actually live their lives today, not defined by just one passion or interest.
FYI is an upscale, diverse network, aimed at an 18-49 year old audience. The network appeals to an audience that has been underserved on linear, but thrives online. This generation doesn’t follow a rule book - they are foodies, designers, fashionistas, socialistas, bloggers, musicians, travelers and professionals, just to name a few. They live multi-faceted lives and are not constrained by a single passion or interest, which is why FYI’s content resonates with them.
Whether it is a social experiment that discovers what happens when two strangers meet at the altar on their wedding day or living life to the fullest in less than 500 square feet - FYI is all about capturing the innovation, inspiration and imagination that fuels our viewers.
- FYI is authentically optimistic, proudly hyphenated, perfectly imperfect and boldly improvised
- Take-away and credibility are key: FYI’s viewers want to be entertained and find lifestyle content both useful and credible at the same time
- Targets female-leaning, young dual audience
- FYI is an upscale, aspirational brand
Submissions for the FYI Development Lab are now closed. Thank you to those who entered.