Pathways Mentorship Program
You are not currently viewing the most recent Realscreen Summit. Go to Realscreen Summit 2022.
Realscreen is updating Pathways, its annual mentorship program, to select young, up-and-coming industry professionals to gain professional development through mentorship opportunities and complimentary access to the Realscreen Summit Virtual Marketplace. The goal of the program is to further develop the careers of content creators who are under the age of 30, by pairing them with leaders in unscripted and non-fiction entertainment production who will provide guidance and feedback to aid them in their professional development.
Realscreen has confirmed an A-list team of mentors who will each be paired with a selected finalist. Mentors confirmed for the 2021 Pathways Mentorship Program are:
Back Roads Entertainment
Entertainment One Television
Sweet July Productions
Isabel San Vargas
What opportunities will the mentors provide?
- A pre-event call with your assigned mentor to prepare for the Realscreen Summit Virtual Marketplace and discuss goals.
- Two face-to-face meetings in the Realscreen Summit Virtual Marketplace with your mentor to see how you are progressing during the online event.
- A post-event check in with your mentor to debrief about your Summit experience and discuss next steps.
What opportunities will Realscreen provide?
- Full Content and Marketplace+ access to the 2021 Realscreen Summit Virtual Marketplace (January 25 - February 4, 2021)
- A virtual meet and greet with all mentors during the Summit
- A subscription to Realscreen's daily newsletter and access to The Brief, Realscreen's Global Pitch Guide
- Submission Requirements:
- Maximum two-page resume outlining your professional background and most recent production credits.
- One-page statement describing in detail the goal you wish to accomplish. Examples may include your desire to start your own production company, explaining the type of programming you want to create, or a career transition you are hoping to achieve, and the steps you are taking to transition into this new role. All goals must be directly related to the unscripted or non-fiction genre.
- One-page statement indicating why you would benefit from the program.
- Two career references including contact information (phone, email), should the selection committee wish to seek more information about your work, as well as your ability to achieve your goals at the Realscreen Summit Virtual Marketplace.
Deadline for submissions is Friday, November 6 at 11:59pm ET.