FORMAGINATION AT REALSCREEN SUMMIT
Realscreen Summit is delighted to be working in partnership with Armoza Formats to present the 10th edition of FORMAGINATION, taking place in January during Realscreen Summit 2022.
For 10 years, FORMAGINATION has served as a unique format competition and a launching pad for international creativity with previous entries going on to become hit international format brands. Whether you are a professional content creator working in the media industry or an individual from any walk of life with a great idea for a TV show - the competition is open for ANYONE with a format idea!
Three prizes will be awarded at the live presentation of FORMAGINATION at Realscreen Summit, as follows:
- 1st place winner: up to US$25,000, which shall be awarded in TWO STAGES ($5,000 for further development of the idea for format, and up to $20,000 that may be invested by Armoza in further development of the idea for format), as well as one (1) registration to REALSCREEN SUMMIT 2023.
- 2nd place winner: an ENTERTAINMENT MASTER CLASS module scholarship and one (1) registration to REALSCREEN SUMMIT 2023.
- Audience favorite: one (1) registration to REALSCREEN SUMMIT 2023.
The prizing above does not include travel and lodging expenses. Full prize details can be downloaded and reviewed within the competition rules and regulations.
The formats eligible for the competition should include the following criteria:
- Genre: non-scripted format (no scripted formats or children's programming will be accepted, cross genre elements are possible)
- ‘Game-changing’ Concepts – fresh and creative ideas that create a buzz and stand out, no matter the genre or the type of show it is.
- Unique Format Elements – what are the distinct elements that make up the DNA of your concept? Make sure to highlight what sets it apart from other formats—whether it’s the studio, mechanics, set, gameplay, or visual elements.
- Repeatability and adaptability – a truly successful format can sustain multiple seasons across different countries.
Semi-finalists will be shortlisted and invited to a video conference with Armoza Formats to present their format. From this process, finalists will be selected to have their format workshopped with the Armoza Formats development team in the weeks leading up to Realscreen Summit, culminating in the live presentation of their concept at Realscreen Summit during a special session on Tuesday, January 25, 2022. Finalists invited to present at Realscreen Summit will be provided one (1) complimentary registration to the event to help facilitate their participation
The deadline for entries is Friday, September 10, 2021 at 5pm ET.