- About Realscreen Summit and why you should attend
- Our signature networking sessions
- Top 10 Reasons to Register
- What's included in your registration to Realscreen Summit
About Realscreen Summit!
The Realscreen Summit is the definitive global market and conference for the business of unscripted and non-fiction entertainment, and a must attend event for content creators, distributors, agents, commissioners and multi-platform broadcasters of unscripted and factual entertainment programming.
Now in its 20th year, the mandate of the Realscreen Summit is to foster business collaborations through both structured and informal networking opportunities, and to provide practical business and creative intel and to spark debate, through a variety of high-level keynotes and panel discussions.
Realscreen Summit 2018 takes place Sunday, January 28 - Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at the Marriott Marquis, Washington, DC.
Why You Should Attend
Whether you are a creator, buyer or distributor of unscripted entertainment, or if your business provides a service to producers, you can't afford to miss this exceptional opportunity to:
- Establish contacts and cement relationships
- Explore issues and uncover trends in unscripted and non-fiction entertainment
- Pitch and develop new program ideas
- Meet co-production partners
- Acquire content and/or strengthen your catalog
- Sell programming and production services
Realscreen Summit provides unparalleled access to decision makers
We pride ourselves on making it easy to make meaningful industry connections. Meet face to face, listen and ask questions in intimate sessions, enjoy breakfast or lunch with executives, or even pitch your project. We make it all possible.
Speed Pitching. Now you’re talking, fast
Get coveted face time with top executives who have the power to greenlight your project. Programming execs take one-on-one three-minute pitches. Slots are assigned via lottery closer to the event. Now you have the opportunity to deliver that pitch you’ve been polishing.
Spend some quality time getting to know the buyers who can greenlight your projects. You’ll have a chance to share a meal in small groups with one of 20-plus commissioning execs. Bon appétit!
30 Minutes With
These intimate and interactive sessions feature some of the most in-demand unscripted buyers and commissioners talking candidly about their programming strategies, future plans and priorities. Seating is limited to 40 delegates to maintain an up-close-and-personal vibe.
Meet a Mentor
Realscreen's "Meet a Mentor" series is designed to give delegates rare access to the top producers in unscripted programming. Much like the Summit’s trademark "30 Minutes With…" series, delegates attending "Meet a Mentor" sessions will be able to glean valuable information in an intimate, "off the record" setting, and have the opportunity to ask questions that will help guide you in your career.
Meet an Expert
As part of our networking series designed to grow your connections, we’ve assembled some of the top agencies and distributors in factual entertainment and made them available for you to meet with. Find out what these industry experts can offer you and your production.
The Delegates' Lounge
A comfortable setting, available throughout Realscreen Summit. Here you can hold your networking meetings, or simply schmooze with others over a coffee.
Showcase your work. Discover new projects and partners! Connect with others, and book networking meetings. It’s all here to keep you connected at the event – on your laptop, smart phone, or tablet.
When you register for realXchange, you’ll easily be able to connect with others attending the event. Set up meetings in advance, or connect before or after the event. Once you’re in realXchange, you’ll see how easy it is to share your project concepts, make connections, and arrange valuable networking meetings.
Top 10 Reasons to Register
10. Great networking parties
9. The content is focused squarely on the business of unscripted and non-fiction entertainment
8. Ample time scheduled to allow you to both take meetings and see the panels
7. Our advisory board is A-list
6. More non-fiction and unscripted commissioners on hand than at any other event
5. Unparalleled opportunities to pitch your ideas and industry services
4. Content you can actually use
3. Our interactive event platform allows you to start networking now
2. More deals are being done than ever before
1. Hotel exclusive to delegates - if you don't pay, you can't play!
What’s included in your registration
Rest assured, you’ll be well looked after during Realscreen Summit. Here’s what you can expect with your registration:
- Breakfast on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
- Lunch on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday
- Cocktail and networking events
- Access to all of the Sessions and Keynotes and 30 Minutes with Sessions
- Ability to sign up for Speed Pitching, Luncheon Roundtables, Meet a Mentor, Meet an Expert
- Delegate lounge access throughout the event
- Delegate gift bag and handbook
- Discounted room rate at the Marriott Marquis based on availability