Pathways Mentorship Program
Realscreen is excited to launch the 2023 call for entries for the Pathways Mentorship Program, where young, up-and-coming industry professionals will be selected to gain professional development through mentorship opportunities and complimentary access to the Realscreen Summit. The goal of the program is to further develop the careers of content creators who are under the age of 35, by pairing them with leaders in unscripted and non-fiction entertainment production who will provide guidance and feedback to aid them in their professional development.
Realscreen has confirmed an A-list team of mentors who will be paired with a selected finalist to provide guidance and feedback to aid the mentees in their professional development. Mentors confirmed for the 2023 Pathways Mentorship Program are:
MEET THE MENTORS
Melanie Capacia Johnson
NEO Studios, U.S.
Hot Snakes Media & Co-Founder, Phantasticus Films
What opportunities will the mentors provide?
- A pre-event call with your assigned mentor to prepare for the Realscreen Summit and discuss goals.
- Two face-to-face meetings at the Summit with your mentor to see how you are progressing at the Summit.
- A post-event check in with your mentor to debrief about your Summit experience and discuss next steps
What opportunities will Realscreen provide?
- Full registration to the 2023 Realscreen Summit
- Exclusive meet and greet with all mentors at the Summit
- Front of the line access and reserved seating at 30 Minutes With sessions and keynotes
- Four nights hotel accommodation at the JW Marriott, Austin
- A minimum of one significant production credit on an unscripted or non-fiction television series
- Applicants must be able to present a detailed plan of what they wish to accomplish at Realscreen Summit 2023, with specific goals in mind.
- All goals must be directly related to the unscripted or non-fiction genre.
- Submission Requirements:
- Maximum two-page resume outlining professional background and most recent production credits.
- One-page statement describing in detail the goal you wish to accomplish. Examples may include your desire to start your own production company, explaining the type of programming you want to create, or a career transition you are hoping to achieve, and the steps you are taking to transition into this new role.
- One-page statement indicating why you would benefit from the program.
- Two career references including contact information (phone, email), should the selection committee wish to seek more information about the candidate's work, as well as the candidate's ability to achieve their goals at the Realscreen Summit.
Deadline for submissions is Friday, October 28 at 11:59pm ET